Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Old window shutter

What do you do with a shutter that has fallen off or mostly off in the wind.

I had this shutter that had fallen off the house except one nail. This window is in the back and so I didn't care if it came down. Besides I love the color of the window shutter.

The pictures of my kids use to hang from a curtain rod. When we did some remodeling the pictures came down and my kids ruined the curtain rod. I decided to turn the shutter in to a picture frame. I loved the color of it, and new that it would look great in my sitting room. I think it turned out great. I also like how the color for the sign "all because two people fell in love" looks with the color of the shutter.


I must say that it looks a lot better in person.


This is the picture in the middle of my kids. I think I have the cutest kids ever. This picture was taken Christmas 2009 from fotogenix. The bigger pictures of my kids where taken Christmas of 2008 by Ken Jensen. It is a good thing I have 3 more shutters outside. I will need more this coming August when Eli joins our family.

i am linking it to blog: The Single Nester: Turquiose Tuesday and
Creations by Kara

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the color of turqoise! And old shutters as decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shutter and ooh . . . that color! Thank you so much for linking to my Turquoise Tuesday Party. If you have anything else you would like to share, please stop by next Tuesday. The party goes on . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! Love how it turned out! And I agree, your kids are cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word, you DO have cute kids! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm sorry you've had to deal with so much pain and struggles lately and glad to hear that your health is improving. How scary for you and your young family.

    ReplyDelete